Sunday, February 26, 2006

Coconut Saga: A story in pictures

You have to imagine that I have never, ever seen a coconut on a tree, let alone a fresh one on the ground, let alone eating a freseh coconut that came from a tree that I met myself! I was overjoyed to hold it in my arms and eventually take bite after bit of its sweet goodness. Pictured below are AB and her mom RB who hosted me during my stay on the island. Coconuts forever!

Meeting the tree and taking one of her babies. (I can't seem to get it to rotate; I'll fix it later)


Giving some love to the baby. So beautiful...I want to take her home. But I don't want to get arrested. Time to eat fresh coconut!


I stand there terrified...what are you doing? Smashing baby's head??!??!?


Throwing her on the ground! Ouch!


CRACK! Smashing her open! But she is leaking something wet...


Umm, this coconut is delicious...


...perhaps Wendy wants a bite?


After peeling away all the skin and hairs, I make it into a coconut-cone. My dad would love this!

No comments: