Monday, May 23, 2005

new day, old bike, new to me

day 1 of learning how to ride a bike. yes, you heard it here: sarah is
finally going to learn how to ride a bike at age 26. probably a good
idea since my supervisor hopes that i will be able to lead mountain
biking trips this summer. hehe. first JF replaced the gear cables and
the balloons inside the wheels. then my heroic roommate LW took me to
riverside park just before sundown for some lessons. i know soon i will
be able to do it. but right now - it's just really tough! i am a big
wimp and, i'll just say it, it hurts my crotch! i look forward to the
day that i can finally do it. i shall be patient, however. i think i
can do it.

1 comment:

Abacaxi Mamao said...

It hurts until your body adjusts to it. Or you can get a better seat. Or you can get bike shorts with padding (I kid you not). Good luck!