Thursday, October 06, 2005

about the dogs

is it because i'm in the country that people enjoy the outdoors more, or is it the warm weather? i suppose there are plenty cold weather places that have people who love being outdoors.

there are THREE DOGS here at host family #1 during my visit to st. croix, VI.

moose: we call him "moo" or "moo moo." moose is very rowdy; likes to jump up and get mud on your shirt, but only if it's white or a nice one. he barks the most too. moose is allergic to somem local wild flowers so he spend a lot of time scratching himself. he's cute cause he follows me everywhere when i'm the only one home. today i took a swim here in the pool. after i did one length of the pool, just as i was reaching out to grab the edge and turn around, moose reached down and put his hand in my mouth! it freaked me out but i couldn't stop laughing. then i swam to the other end of the pool and he did it again! he thinks it's a game i am playing with him. even when i start out at one end and he is far away from the pool, he always manages to meet me at the other end with a huge lick.

zoe: zoe is older and bushier than moose. she doens't jump but she definitely likes to follow me around. she's here with me now on the porch licking herself. a few days ago i came home and took a nap. she wasn't so happy that i wouldn't allow her in my room. so she stationed herself up against the door and i had to push really hard to get out! i think this was her way of telling me she was mad at me.

cleo: i'm not sure exactly why i like cleo the best. probably cause she doesn't jump on me or lick me. she is small and furry and very old. she snores A LOT. i can hear her from across the house! tomorrow when we go to the beach with the dogs she won't come because she doesn't like going in the water. her favorite thing to do is chase peacocks! (which are wild here)

there's also a white cat. it's name is "knox" or something like that, but just like cw's cat, she goes by "kitty."

No comments: